Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"I'm giving it to you, it's a gift." - Molly

Molly Riley is pretty cool. She loves riding bikes, and gets up early to ride them in Amsterdam. Also, we were talking at the iball and happened to find out while talking that she was cousin to Charlie, and I had lived with Charlie's wife Myndi, and we had both been at their wedding and not known each other yet.

Such a small world, really. And I was trying to figure out what to call my blog before writing it, and we were talking about how much we wanted to blend in here, to be thought of as Dutch. And we both went to the grocery store and had people talk to us in Dutch, assuming we knew what they were saying.

So then Molly suggested I call the blog "Speaking in Dutch," even though we don't, because it can be about how we want to, and how we are learning about Dutch culture while we learn about researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment