Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"He was probably telling you he peed on the floor, but at least it's friendly pee." - Molly Riley

This is the view from the Oude Sluis, our favorite place to drink in Rotterdam. It is quite nice and there isn't anything in Seattle quite like it. For the 15th best bar in Europe, it's super un-pretentious. Love that.

The men's bathroom was out of commission, though, and so men have been using the women's bathroom. When I was waiting outside, a huge friendly Dutch guy walked out of the bathroom into the tiny stairwell and started talking to me in Dutch, gesturing at the floor. I tried to get out that I didn't understand, but he kept going on and on, and it is hard to stop a big friendly guy from talking when he keeps talking and talking.

I smiled and slid past him into the bathroom, and the toilet seat was up and the floor was wet everywhere. Molly suggested that he was trying to apologize for peeing on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment