Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Please tell me that's not Michael Bolton." - Poppy



Here are a few reasons I am growing to love the people I am traveling with:
  • Poppy's ability to take any situation and make it funny.
  • Stefanie's groundedness and intentional care for others.
  • Molly's steadfast resolve to have alone time and long bike rides.
  • Jonathan's joy in whatever we are doing.
  • Maren's great ability to happily share a bathroom one must walk into before one gets into our room. This is tricky at best.
  • Scott's go-with-the-flow-ness and ability to jump groups and interact with everyone.
  • Bryan's work ethic and absolute goodness. Colville, Washington, ladies and gentlemen. Who knew?


But mostly what I love is because of conversations like this, which occurred at approximately 8:45 in the morning during breakfast:


Discussion about songs easily stuck in one's head.

Greta: You could wake up with the Indiana Jones song stuck in your head.


Scott: You mean this one? Duh du du duh, du du du du..... (Poppy, Myria, Jonathan, Molly, and several others join in. Clare looks askance, as do I. It is a bit too early to be singing in our world.)

Also, we hear a lot of 80s and 90s American pop music here. Apparently it's well-liked by the Dutch. And I can guarantee that when we hear it, approximately 4 or 5 of us will start singing loudly. I would normally be embarrassed by this, but for some reason I don't care here. Probably because I want to be in Glee in real life.

In any case, I like these people. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment