Monday, September 13, 2010

“You might dress up like a potted plant in the corner. Some of you have the figure for that.” - Trent Hill


Trent did not expand on which of us had the figures to look like potted plants, but he did finish his lectures with us discussing interviewing options and further distinctions between qualitative and quantitative options. I do believe I would like to do qualitative research. Not only because math and I are not best friends, but because I love getting into the depth of things and thinking about the stories and reasons behind the numbers, understanding particular and specific areas. I do think numbers have a lot to tell us, and can paint the broad brushstrokes we need as well as the localized ones, so maybe in my perfect dream study, there would be a mix of words and numbers. Sort of like a Phantom Tollbooth sort of story. Except, you know, in a thorough and complete research project.

(Picture from the National Library, Den Haag, 9.06.)

No comments:

Post a Comment