Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"I'll wake you up for the slut." - Bryan

Actual conversation at dinner:

Myria: "I might fall asleep on you."

Bryan: "I'll wake you up for the slut."

The slut was referring to the chocolate slut, comprised of chocolate mousse cake, chocolate mousse, and chocolate whipped cream. I did not get it because I couldn't taste much. I could taste these lovely tomatoes to your right, though. You can also see a bit of my sketches on my theory about male/female relationships, which I am not going to share because Bryan says I should publish it. So I'll save that theory for another time.

I will tell you that at the Dizzy Jazz cafe, Maren and Sue shelled shrimp, which reminded me of eating shrimp on the porch in Charles Village with neighbors, and also that bar near Fells Point I went to once with Shane where we ate so many shrimp out of the buckets they brought us, we had to call Mike to bring us home because we couldn't walk.

Also at the Dizzy Jazz cafe, we listened to a trumpet player who is the buffest woman ever, a Slovakian guitar player, a Ghanian rapper, and a drummer who was easy on the eyes. I don't remember where the drummer was from. But he had brown hair and soulful eyes. This made me think about a musician friend of mine who once told me to never date guitarists, because they're too into themselves, and drummers are as well. She says bass players are the best. Oh, there was also a bass player.

And the music was beautiful because they were so into it, they loved playing it, and I wished I felt totally well so I could stay all night.

Also it reminded me of that line in that John Mayer song about "you knew the difference between Miles and Coltrane." The song is horrendous, let's be honest, but I've always loved that line. I think it perfectly describes the girl who broke his heart perfectly.

And that's what jazz is at its best, really, broken hearts and despair and hope and sadness and all that feeling just wound up into trumpets and drums and saxophones. Makes you want to cry just listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment